\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello rudedog here, Mike's my name and I seem to have followed a bunch of people over from Glenn's 1100F site. It's not that I miss spidey that much' although he is OK when he doesn't bump his head. More than anything I just got tired of the stupid drama there and the intense slooooooowness of that site. I come here the other day to see what it was all about, investigated for a bit then compared them side by side today and the speed, or lack of it over there was very apparent.

It sure didn't hurt my feelings to watch a particular troll from that site FINALLY get handled properly! I understand that censorship can be bad BUT a troll has to be stopped and he never was over there. If not it can just make the whole site a big PITA soon before anybody even realizes it everyone is fighting. It just reminds me of something my mom always told me " if you dont have anything good to say then keep your mouth shut".

Back to the important stuff I have an 83 CB1100F that I bought three years ago only to have my wife lose her $22hr job 2 months later and to watch my $22hr job be cut when Ford decided to close our plant this year. So now I am in school to get my CDL and be a truck driver and the bike is temporarly on the back burner, it is in the back porch out of the weather and paid for so it's just a slight delay.

83 CB1100F blue 
fasterspider
Turbo-Powered Poster
Turbo-Powered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to DOHC Customs Mike.
It is good to see you here and I will do my best not to bump my head as much as I used to. Wink

Ray #1 The fasterspider
You must have bumped your head
bakmanrayman@yahoo.com
fa 
OldTimer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Mike! Glad to have you aboard.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

I hope the truck driving is only temporary for you. Been there and done that. That was back before EVERYONE was required to have a CDL. My little truck grossed under 20K, so I did not have to have one.

Logged 500K miles in four years. It was okay for a season. You really need to have it in your blood to stick with it.

I drove hot shot and it was not unusual for me to be awake 36-48 hours at a pop! Now I have grey hair and I got fat to boot! Shocked

Are you going to be driving flat beds, vans, reefers, or tankers?

D-Day
Here's Gumby!
Here's Gumby!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rudedog wrote:
It just reminds me of something my mom always told me " if you dont have anything good to say then keep your mouth shut".

Welcome Mike and good luck with the CDL. You've reminded me of another saying: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. " (A. Lincoln)

2001 BMW K1200LT (RIP)
1991 Honda ST1100. 190K miles and smooth as silk. 
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

welcome over to 12th grade Laughing

we have a 'no trolls law'

they get locked up Rolling Eyes

i read that shit over there, its obvious a cleansing is in order..hang around, get your kicks, be a member

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
OldTimer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
get your kicks

On route 66! 8)

rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the welcome guys

After 19 yrs in a factory, almost 25 yrs out of high school and being laid off 10 months in the last two years I have had all the drama that I can take. If Glenn wants all that drama over there he can have it I dont need it.

Old Timer I am training with 48ft vans but at this point I would drive about anything, I have all my endorsements so it will be nice to be needed in a job again, at Ford I was a number for to long. I just dont want over-the-road if I can help it, local or regional would be nice but beggars cant be choosers.

Lets see how it is in a troll-free zone Laughing

OldTimer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Local would be the ticket! Home almost everynight! Very Happy

holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

come to kkkanada, we need drivers, maybe you can get a job hauling stateside

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Mike, nice to see you. Wink

Also sorry to hear of your misfortune, but it sounds like you are well on your way to productivity, good luck!

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
D-Day
Here's Gumby!
Here's Gumby!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rudedog wrote:

After 19 yrs in a factory, almost 25 yrs out of high school and being laid off 10 months in the last two years I have had all the drama that I can take. If Glenn wants all that drama over there he can have it I dont need it.

Old Timer I am training with 48ft vans but at this point I would drive about anything, I have all my endorsements so it will be nice to be needed in a job again, at Ford I was a number for to long. I just dont want over-the-road if I can help it, local or regional would be nice but beggars cant be choosers.

I'm sure you've checked it out but down here it seems haz-mat endorsements are in the highest demand.

Best of luck!
D

2001 BMW K1200LT (RIP)
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, and if you want to really get one up, get a contractors license with haz-mat like my friend did. He now has a fleet of vacuum/suction trucks that do chem spills and petro chemical storage tank cleanouts. BIG BUX!

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

D-Day wrote:
rudedog wrote:

I'm sure you've checked it out but down here it seems haz-mat endorsements are in the highest demand.

Best of luck!
D
I have my tanker, doubles and triples (fun-fun) and when my background and FBI fingerprint checks come back, I will have my Haz-Mat also and that is pretty popular around here too. After almost 20 years in a shop nobody wanted to even talk to me, after a month of class I have 3 different companys that would hire me today just from coming to class. I am scheduled to take my test with the examiner next Thursday so if I dont screw that up it's all uphill from there Rolling Eyes . I am thinking about tankers because they pay a little better and after to many years of slowly dying from money issues (unemployment 10 of the last 24 months) that seems nice, the F would like that too.

rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

genesound wrote:
Yeah, and if you want to really get one up, get a contractors license with haz-mat like my friend did. He now has a fleet of vacuum/suction trucks that do chem spills and petro chemical storage tank cleanouts. BIG BUX!
From what I've seen in class it can also be BIG HEADACHES, I will remember that but I would settle for a little smaller BUX and no headaches right now to start out Idea .

D-Day
Here's Gumby!
Here's Gumby!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I grew up around the bulk milk hauling business (my uncle's) , from straight tankers to full doubles and it's one of the best trucking gigs around. That is if there are any more smaller independents around. Most have been choked out by the 'bottom-line' big guys. Still pretty cool picking up milk from all the farms. And, no baffles in the tanks so a half-full load would really slap your ass at a hard stop. My cousin still owns a couple of trucks and hauls water and wine, though not at the same time, as a lucrative side business.....Always surprising the niches you can find out there....

2001 BMW K1200LT (RIP)
OldTimer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dave, that reminds me, my friend that is a tank driver did the milk thing for a while.

He said it was a barrel of monkeys when that stuff got to rotating around inside the tank like you would swirl a glass of water. Twisted Evil

pd750

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome , Mike ...

Everybody knows a truck driver , right ?

Wink

Please put the year and model of your bike in the signature section on your profile / member account page and set \"Always attach signature \" to YES . Just below the Reply box , check the box in front of \"Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)\" .

1982 CB750C (Sold) Haven\'t found another , yet . 
AlaskaGriz
On a roll
On a roll

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome rudedog!

I am new over here also. I can browse at least 3 threads here before even one link resolves itself on the other site. It is frustrating to say the least.

I am happy to be part of 2 sites now and I hope you can also spend time on both.

Good luck on your new ventures.

Dave

rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

pd750 wrote:
Welcome , Mike ...

Everybody knows a truck driver , right ?

Wink
Yes and the trucker I know who told me to do this had his company bought out two times in the last 4 years and had a better, higher paying job within a few days. 8)

He makes over 75k a year, is home every night but one and every weekend, that helps too. It's not that I want to get rich but a good living would be nice, and ins. for the family.

83 CB1100F blue 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to mention here that Glenn is working on fixing the problems at the F site as much as he can!!!

It's not easy, and I don't envy him the adversity he's facing, and he must be very weary of it.

You can't just hook up a timing light or a leak down tester, or an exhaust gas analyzer to a web server on someone elses box! And how many of you guys have all that shit!

Relax, we're working on it FFS!

Please accept this as a friendly admonition. Wink

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

AlaskaGriz wrote:
Welcome rudedog!

I am new over here also. I can browse at least 3 threads here before even one link resolves itself on the other site. It is frustrating to say the least.

I am happy to be part of 2 sites now and I hope you can also spend time on both.

Dave
Thanks Dave I just posted over there and it took probably 5min. to submit the stupid thing and went into debug mode before I could see the post. I overlooked it but 10min. later it did it again opening another thread Rolling Eyes so I bailed Mad .

It seems much nicer over here and looks like more Fer's are figuring that out too

83 CB1100F blue 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My next door neighbor in Texas was a trucker. Mean SOB Harley rider too, the real deal lifer badass type. We hit it off immediately, he actually liked my Honda, and I'd go over and help him work on his Harley and give him shit about it the whole time! Laughing

Mitch had a few long nosed Petes in his day, eventually had his own factory approved truck stop, made untold money in trucker stuff, and was generous almost to a fault. I truly love that guy and will never forget him.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rudedog wrote:
AlaskaGriz wrote:
Welcome rudedog!

Dave
Thanks Dave I just posted over there and it took probably 5min. to submit the stupid thing and went into debug mode before I could see the post. I overlooked it but 10min. later it did it again opening another thread Rolling Eyes so I bailed Mad .

It seems much nicer over here and looks like more Fer's are figuring that out too

There is an illusive problem going on over there that Glenn is trying to figure out, but it is not readilly apparent. I try to help him as much as I can, and he has been appreciative and responsive to my inputs, so I know for a fact that he's working on it and that it is not a simple problem, and I also know that it could still be also be almost anything. Sometimes in the last few days the F site has been almost too quick to be believable, and sometimes it has taken literally minutes to come back. Give him a break. He's working on it. I just wish he'd take a breather to say so, so I am.

For him it must be like being on a neverending iron butt ride, with a leaky valve.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C.

Last edited by genesound on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total 
rudedog
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gene I'm not just busting Glenn's chops but that site has been slow and screwed up for a looooooooong time, like close to a year.

That's as annoying to put up with as Bulldauq's stupid ranting. I posted over there last month about getting my stuck pistons out of my front calipers, got several responses and good advice. But when I tried to reply to thank Tony "the king of signatures" Bagley for his suggestion that worked, I hunt and pecked for probably half an hour cause I cant type and when I hit submit the site locked up and I lost it all. Shortly after that was when the site went down and my thread was lost in the process, so I just quit even trying over there.

83 CB1100F blue 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Dog, that is exactly what happens. It (the F site) works great, it gets shaky, then fuck all won't get a message through... I hear ya.

I agree it's frustrating. I don't know what else to say, other than I know Glenn is paying attention, and having a hard time making any sense of it.

However, the F site is still up (mostly) in it's entirety, and that is more than I can say for us here at DOHC Customs! Evil or Very Mad

This Custom site has had oh so many numerous incantations, and at least several management teams, (and BTW Ray is now a founding member of this site) and it (well a different site that was composed of most of the current regular members) was hacked beyond all recognition about a year ago!!! At least most of the old irreplaceable posts on the F site are still searchable for the invaluable information they contain!!! We here at the Custom site lost thousands and tens of thousands of really good posts!!! Evil or Very Mad

I'm just sayin, give it a rest and it should all work out eventually. Like it or not, we are just hobbyists. But, we have collected so much data collectively, that it would be a cryin shame to let it all go to a hiccup in technology.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C.

Last edited by genesound on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:00 am; edited 3 times in total 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic