\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
Wildcat
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So whats everybody want??? Do I go ahead and reset the old forum or do we stay here. As you know, I no longer have a Custom DOHC and living like a gypsy might be considered unreliable for the next while. Although things were set to go well as we found out hugehost managed to screw things up a tad weird

I have a lil over $60 from the donations left I can send to Glenn or whoever if you guys want to go that route..........or I can buy beer with it and enjoy or reactivate the previous forum. I do have the Database from the end of May as well as all the uploaded files etc that I could pass on to the admins here if you want to go that route.

Duplicate sites IMHO are a waste of time and bandwidth and it makes no difference to me where we hang out hats.

Admins/Mods a poll perhaps????

Let me know and I will proceed accordingly

Cheers
Tim

holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

we have everything redirected here already, as far as having two custom sites, i belive it would be a waste of space

better to build here,

your welcome to be a member here, with or without your custom

you were a valuable member at the old digs and I believe will continue to be a contributing member

actually you were a founding member there , along with myself and a few others

the money, I dont rightly know, it's beyond my opinion

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
D-Day
Here's Gumby!
Here's Gumby!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tim, we've built here and I think it's best overall to stay here. We have stability and redundancy and are now pretty well settled in.

I don't think the old database could be used successfully, however I'd be very interested in all the files so we could build a File (aka Download) section. If they can be accessed via ftp perhaps we should talk via PM about address and password or perhaps other means of transferring the files.

As for the remaining money, that's up to you. I know you spent a lot of your own time and surely your own money on the old site so be sure to factor that in. If you do think there's anything to pass on, there's a link on our Home that goes to the CB1100F Paypal account.

Our community would be diminished by your absence so I hope, DOHC or not, that you will continue contributing as time and internet access allows. I'm still so glad that you weren't in a ditch and have been able to join us all again.

D

2001 BMW K1200LT (RIP)
1991 Honda ST1100. 190K miles and smooth as silk. 
Wildcat
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I did put a few pennies into the coffers over the years but not all that much really. Time well thats a fair bit more but again it was just time I was killing over morning coffee or in the evening instead of watchin the tube. Hell if Ida thought about chargin by the hour I could be retired by now....oh wait, I am anyway sorta LOL

Leave, hell no, I gotta check up on all the ole reprobates here Wink Rolling Eyes

Actually, if you guys would not object I do have one thought regarding the money. Eric, an internet friend whom I have never met and who does not have nor ever will have a motorcycle did an awful lot for us the last couple years. Supplied and installed software, added security mods, rebuilt the board after the hack attack etc etc etc. Now I know he is a guy in his late thirties, has 6 kids and survives on a preachers income along with a bit of carpentry work.

If the folks here thought it was a good thing I would send the aprox $64usd on to him as a thankyou. Thoughts on that one???

Pointdiver
Feel the Power
Feel the Power

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

OK I'm editing this morning post and my vote is still stay here, give the remaining money to Eric. Wink

We can donate any funds from this point forward we are still in good standing here and we already have donated a good chunk of this month's rent. If we can salvage some of the tech docs from a back-up all the better! Very Happy

Dave, are we going to switch our platform? Just courious has to how much building we should be doing as far as tech manuals, diagrams, links etc.

This place is going to rock and be stable as hell! Twisted Evil

Just like our bikes!

80 CB750C
(sold)
81 750F w/ Wiseco 826 & 900cams

Last edited by Pointdiver on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total 
chuck
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i'm not really at all here so my opinion does not count for much but I know that Tim/Eric put a lot of effort into getting the last site working after disaster number (what number was it?).

So I say split it down the middle - half to Eric, half to Glenn. I know $30 is not a lot but as we say over here "it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick".

By the way, on the subject of old posts - i'd have thought it possible to do something with them. The backup may re-create the entire database, so it may be necessary to extract messages (assuming it's text and not a proprietry db format) and import them into maybe a new forum called "Old Crap" rather than trying to integrate it into the new set up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic