\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

eBay sucks, no more phone support at all, just automated chat AFAIK...

So the evening of December 13, 2021 here in Los Angeles, I purchased a couple of wall warts of a certain hard to find configuration from a seller in Florida.

Seller sent it on the 14th, the tracking said it was here in town on the 16th, and out for delivery. I thought this was unusual (too quick) for a first class package to get here in 2 days.
At 10:30 AM that day the item's tracking was showing a "MISSENT" entry and the parcel was not delivered. I contacted USPS and found out why. Apparently the package was sent using priority packaging, but the postage paid on it was 1st class, so it had postage due. USPS hasn't delivered postage due pieces for decades now. There was no further further tracking until 5 days later 12/21/2021, when the package turned up at LOCKA FLORIDA distribution center (and might still be there).

After trying the phone numbers I had for eBay support I realized that they no longer have any phone support at all. All you can get is automated chat.

I started reading all I could on eBay and it said to wait, so I waited until Jan 3 2022 when I finally sent a message to the seller.
Seller said they'd get right on it, and never heard from again. Here's the quote:

     "I am very sorry for this inconvenience. USPS has the package AND
      I will contact them to check the status. I will keep you informed. Thank you"

        Then crickets, never heard another word from the seller.

3 days later I asked eBay to intervene, and they put the case on hold for another 10 days (ending today) so they could "gather documentation"! BS, they didn't gather anything except the holding of my money. It had already been over 3 weeks! No possible way to tell them anything or ask them anything at that point, as there is no option to do anything until that time has passed and they take it off of "HOLD".

         More crickets, but this time accompanied by me hollering obscenities about eBay for 10 days.

So finally today after several attempts, I was able to get a response, and they refunded my money, which they had for a total of 5 weeks. 5 weeks that I couldn't just go buy the product I wanted,
in case their crap actually showed up. Not the kind of thing I wanted too many of.

So eBay has definitely dropped another few rungs on my list of where to buy stuff. No phone support? There will be little or no income from me. Bastages.

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
Gary_in_NJ
On a roll
On a roll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

eBay is the Dollar Store of online retailers. I do use them, but only after I have exhausted searches in other locations. Some of the retailers that use eBay are quite good. When possible I will purchase from them direct (after discovering their products on eBay), sometimes at a lower price.

1998 Ducati ST2
2003 Suzuki DRZ-400 Street Tracker
2005 Yamaha FZ6 Naked 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've bought lots of stuff on eBay in the last 22 years or so, some of it not just cheap stuff, an $1800 amp, $1000 speakers, and several other $500 dollar things. But I'm not sure I'd do it now without any way to actually talk to someone representing if it goes badly. And having the automated authoritarian putting this on hold after it was already 3 weeks late didn't do anything but ensure I'll be very wary before ever spending money there again.

They're stuck in the cheap lane now as far as I'm concerned. Their business model no longer meets my requirements and they've lost my confidence.

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
Fitz
Turbo-Powered Poster
Turbo-Powered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I buy most of my stuff from Amazon now a days, eBay does suck.

Ray #1

Fasterspider retired and is the olderslowerspider now

You must have bumped your head, I don't even have a 4 cylinder DOHC Honda motorcycle anymore but, I am here to help or something.

Arthritis has taken me off the bike but, I still fix 'e 
Grumpy
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah that red rant When I sell something on fleabay, I am charged 12.55% plus $.30 on the total amount of the selling price, the shipping cost, and the tax the buyer has to pay. Fuck fleabay, like Tom says, I wish someone would start another online, buying/selling venue. Greedy Bastards!

07 cb900f 919 Hornet ,faster red daily rider

http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2740

coil mod: http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=357905#357905

http://www.cb750c.com 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic