\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
OldTimer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies,

I know some of you do know like to use aftermarket, but I have not had any problems with the regular wear parts from George.

He now has his own web site.

www.georgefixs.com

Buddykitchen
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If he can get his act together and actually ship parts in a reasonable time frame, then I might consider doing business with him again.

The last time I bought parts from him, he sat on the order for 11 days before shipping it. Of course, when I kept writing him and asking him where the hell my parts were, he accused me of being a scammer who had already received my parts and was trying to "extort" him (his words).

Mind you, I had paid a premium for 2nd day shipping.

When he finally realized 11 days later that my order was still sitting in a pile on his desk, he gave me a lame excuse that "It was upside down in my out box" (???), and never offered so much as an apology for accusing me of theivery. When I told him how unhappy I was with his service and treatment and requested a refund of the premium I paid for 2nd day shipping, he told me "F*** you. You're just trying to extort me. I have hundreds of satisfied customers and you can just go f*** yourself."

As it is, I don't see good reason to spend money with him anymore. He was clearly in the wrong, but even when presented with the evidence that he screwed up, he refused to be a man, eat a little crow, and admit that he made a mistake. If he had just done that, I would have considered the whole ordeal an unfortunate accident. As it was, George convinced me that he's just a Sabre Cycle wannabe.

This space for rent 
Fitz
Turbo-Powered Poster
Turbo-Powered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Georgefix sells cheap shit and toxic Chinese K&L parts.
Fuck georgefix and his K&L shit.
Only buy OEM parts when they are available and your bike will not leave you stranded.
I can and will get any K&L part for any US member of this site but, you have been warned, K&L is 100% fucking garbage and I wouldn't put it on my worst enemy's bike if I had to work on it.

Ray #1

Fasterspider retired and is the olderslowerspider now

You must have bumped your head, I don't even have a 4 cylinder DOHC Honda motorcycle anymore but, I am here to help or something.

Arthritis has taken me off the bike but, I still fix 'e 
OldTimer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

But there is something to be said about a 99.8% satisfaction rating out of 66702 transactions.

One cannot ignore that.

striker85
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I ordered a few odds and ends from him quite some time ago and didn't have any problems. He was a tad slow in shipping, in comparison to somewhere like Z1, but overall a decent experience. I do have to agree with Ray and say that the quality of his parts, particularly the rubber, is questionable. But for cheap stuff like VC grommets, it may be worth it to just by the cheap ones because you have to throw them away after a couple of uses anyway.

1981 Honda CB750c with 900 cams 
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No problems with GF here but I am wanting to try more OEM stuff especially float needles. I have had the same problem on two different carb banks and I am wondering if the problem is K&L like Ray says.

1981 CB900 Custom

[color=green 
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

my viton valve seals are not viton

although i paid for viton seals

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

OldTimer wrote:
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

But there is something to be said about a 99.8% satisfaction rating out of 66702 transactions.

One cannot ignore that.

99.8% satisfaction is pretty close to the percentage of people that actually know the difference between good parts and not so good ones. Beside, the satisfaction rating is mostly based on people getting their stuff on time in the manner that was promised.

I think Shawn's experience was probably a fluke, and I also don't recommend using the "special fast processing fee" on sites like this. He probably got distracted while handling it in a "special" manner and forgot to get back to it. But he really fucked up when he couldn't see the light where he made the mistake and took Shawn's money in a fraudulent manner.

That fee he charged for quick service pretty much amounts to fraud as far as I can see, and he would have done well to apologize and offer a credit for screwing up.

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
OldTimer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed!

titaniumknight
Getting up steam
Getting up steam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had the worst time with George, I ordered a signal light for my cb1000c and he sent me a black instead if a chrome. He contacted me and said if I sent back the black he would send me a chrome. I sent it back and never heard back. I sent him over 15 e-mails asking where it was, he never replied once. I finally called ebay to get his phone #. Had to pull strings for them to give it to me. On the phone he said I sent him a different signal than he sent to me??? I told him to make things right and just send me what I ordered, he said he couldn't be bothered. He refunded me the purchase price.

Now I'm out shipping both ways.

Do yourself a favour don't use him.

99.8% but ebay only lets you comment or complain for so long. He lead me on until I couldn't give a bad rating

tommycarl
Running Strong
Running Strong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm sure glad this thread got revived... I was about to spend some of my hard-earned money on ol' George's stuff.

Frank
Turbo-Powered Poster
Turbo-Powered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I've never had a problem with him but I have just ordered some misc stuff. I may buy cheap stuff but I put a good amount of research into most of the parts I buy because the cheapest is not always the best value

administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Seems pretty apparent that most transactions go smoothly, but when one doesn't, he doesn't handle mistakes well.

I think he's quite busy and probably has others doing normal fulfillment for him, and he handles the fuck-ups, and poorly at that. Rolling Eyes

Come to think of it, maybe he handles the special shipping arrangements himself too, so they get way-laid.

I suggest that anyone else having issues with him post here about it, and we'll put it in Welcome and Forum Announcements where it can be seen from the internet without registering, and send him a link to it once in a while. Try to keep it objective. Wink

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
badsportster
Feel the Power
Feel the Power

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

i have used his v c gaskets and grommets a couple of times and had no problems. fast shipping to but i am here in Florida.

genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

genesound wrote:
Seems pretty apparent that most transactions go smoothly, but when one doesn't, he doesn't handle mistakes well.

I suggest that anyone else having issues with him post here about it, and we'll put it in Welcome and Forum Announcements where it can be seen from the internet without registering, and send him a link to it once in a while. Try to keep it objective. Wink

Upon further reflection, that's a bad idea for this forum, and I'm surprised I even posted that... But I can't see why a few disgruntled members couldn't get together and put up a dissatisfaction website, or post on Yelp or some other place. That could certainly be linked from a post.

It really sucks to get reamed or mistreated and then have no recourse through ebay and also have no way to let anyone else know that all is not as good as the feedback seems to indicate. And as long as that kind of thing prevails, the guy won't have any motivation to improve his customer relations.

It would be nice to least get something that would show up on a google search or something. Evil or Very Mad

Maybe an independent website rating ebay sellers. Not necessary auctioneers, but sellers. ?

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
badsportster
Feel the Power
Feel the Power

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

your right gene he should take better care of his customers when its his fault. it would be great to have a place to rate sellers of our parts. i figured he was close enough to me to pay a visit if i got shamed. anyone can screw the pooch but its how you take care of it afterwards that counts.

Frank
Turbo-Powered Poster
Turbo-Powered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Being an E-bay seller the best thing to do is contact E-bay

administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Duke wrote:
No problems with GF here but I am wanting to try more OEM stuff especially float needles. I have had the same problem on two different carb banks and I am wondering if the problem is K&L like Ray says.

Randakk and Mike Nixon don't like aftermarket float needles and recommend only OEM.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

titaniumknight wrote:
... but ebay only lets you comment or complain for so long. He lead me on until I couldn't give a bad rating

Complaining to ebay doesn't always work. And the bigger the retailer, the less it works. They aren't about to jeopardize their big client big money relationships if they don't have to. But little retailers get raked over the coals to make it seem like they take the side of the buyer.

You ever look at some of the horror stories here?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/ebay_sellers.html

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
Buddykitchen
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone would like a refresher on what I think about GeorgeFix, just ask and I'll be happy to re-state my opinion. Wink

"Caveat emptor" is the phrase of the day.

This space for rent 
Chardeman1981
I'm new!
I'm new!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just bought a carb rebuilt kit from him, description even said it included jets, needles, etc.

It came and didn't even have ANY of that. The gasket wasnt even the right type for my bike.
I returned it 30 mins after I got it in the mail...

pd750

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the site RoderickYammins ... Smile  

If you haven't read the following page , now is the time . 

http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=80601#80601 

If you run into problems with any of that , Please let us know . Thanks . Smile

Please put the year and model of your bike in the signature section on your profile / member account page and set \"Always attach signature \" to YES . Just below the Reply box , check the box in front of \"Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)\" .

1982 CB750C (Sold) Haven\'t found another , yet . 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to here.

George may have made a mistake and sent the wrong thing. He sells a LOT of stuff.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
Martlee
Running Strong
Running Strong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I call BS on a new guy joining just to put down georgefix. I think he has an axe to grind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic