\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
Bamabob
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys. I'm just outside of Tuscaloosa Alabama. Married 13 years, 3 kids.

My dad has had a bike (all Hondas) since he was 13. He somehow even managed to buy one a couple of months after I was born, a brand new CB750 Custom (bought in spring of 84). I guess because of that, I was lucky enough to get to start riding at the age of 8 on an 88 Honda XR80R. I've had one on and off since then, including several miles on Dad's 82, but I hurt my back and couldn't stand to ride for more than about 30 minutes at a time so I sold my last one in 2013. I finally gave in and had surgery in 2016 and figured I'd give it another shot. I bought my uncle's 2000 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom about a month ago which had been sitting in his shop for about 3 years. Changed all the fluids, plugs, and put in fresh gas. Had it running in two hours. Had to rebuild the carb but by the second day of working on it, it's running pretty good now.

Dad has been talking about cleaning out his shop, and asked if I knew anyone who might want "that old Honda". It's been sitting 6-7 years at this point, but he's always said he'd probably never sell it. I told him I wanted it. I've always had a strong sentiment attachment to it since he bought it when I was 6 months old and I spent my toddler years on the back of it! It was running rough in about 2013 and he parked it until he could get around to fixing it. Well he had gotten to the point that he couldn't ride much anymore anyway, and he just never got around to it, so it's been sitting since then. He said "you fix it to ride, and you can have it!" So here we are.

I'm currently in the middle of rebuilding the carbs as it's sat for so long. # 2, 3, and 4 went great. Old number 1 though, the needle broke off when we unscrewed it. We've tried everything we know to do except drill it out, and it won't budge. I'm still researching though and will figure it out (that's how I found this place).

1996 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
1998 Yamaha XT225 (SOLD)
1988 Honda XR80R (SOLD) 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome here Bob. wave

SeanG is likely to be able to help you better then me. I don't think drilling is an option though. Likely wreck the carb.

Have you read his carb rebuilding booklet? It's linked in my sig, click the MacGregor Carb Rebuilding Manual link below.

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
pd750

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the site Bob ... Smile

Please put the year and model of your bike in the signature section on your profile / member account page and set \"Always attach signature \" to YES . Just below the Reply box , check the box in front of \"Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)\" .

1982 CB750C (Sold) Haven\'t found another , yet . 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic